Kaplan’s USMLE Step 1 Lecture Notes
Includes 7 volumes of our most up-to-date Basic Science coverage; with color images, greater integration, more clinical correlates, and “bridges” between disciplines.
- Behavioral Science
“On-Demand” Video Lectures
Designed to give students a comprehensive review for Step 1, the On-Demand program is a dynamic, flexible environment consisting of lecture, learning, assessment, and review. Discipline-based lectures are presented by our expert Step 1 professors, distinguished faculty from medical schools around the country, via an online platform. The focus is on only exam relevant material, in the following disciplines:
- Anatomy 32 hours
- Behavioral Science 25 hours
- Biochemistry & Medical Genetics 32.5 hours
- Immunology 9 hours
- Microbiology 17.5 hours
- Pathology 26 hours
- Pharmacology 26 hours
- Physiology 48 hours
- Test-Taking Strategies 2.5 hours
- Clinical Correlates & Animations 8.5 hours
The lectures are available from wherever students have internet access and total more than 200 hours of high yield, interactive lectures. Included is a 2.5-hour Test-Taking Strategy Session lecture with our Director of Study Strategies to give students insight into the actual exam question format and writing guidelines; as well as Clinical Correlates, comprehensive mini-lectures on the 30 most frequently tested diseases.
Step 1 Qbank
Qbank, a robust practice tool, provides USMLE Step 1 exam-like questions, a diagnostic test and 2 full-length simulated exams: in total over 3,000 questions. Qbank provides cumulative reporting with continuously updated onscreen performance feedback that graphically displays performance by discipline and organ system. This performance display helps students to isolate and focus on their weaker areas, ensuring an effective study program.
- NEW: Multi-media questions: An important addition to the actual USMLE
- 100% exam-like practice: Written by faculty, reviewed by high scorers
- Visually rich content: 750 images, 30 clinical videos, 20 heart sounds
- Full-length explanations: Learn not only why the right answer is correct, but why the others are incorrect
- Tutorials: 200 mini-lectures from expert faculty on the most challenging questions
- Recaps: a concise summary of salient exam points relating to the question and topic at issue
- Page references to tie content to our medEssentials reference guide and to First Aid for the Boards
- Expert support: Need more help with questions? Email Kaplan’s academic team at me feedback
How students use Qbank:
- 150-question online Diagnostic Test
Provides performance analysis and will direct students’ study by assessing individual strengths and weaknesses.
- Two Full-Length Online Simulated Exams
Provide performance analysis and demonstrate students’ strengths and weaknesses.
Step 1 Qbank
Our Step 1 Qbank is an online database of over 2,200 Step 1 questions. The Qbank can be customized along three dimensions: 1) timed exam conditions or tutorial style; 2) unused questions, previously incorrect, or all available questions; and 3) all USMLE topics or by organ system or discipline or by a combination of organ system and discipline.
Step 1 Qbank provides a great experience for students in answering USMLE-style questions so they can be prepared for the actual exam. Students can use it as a study aid and/or practice tool and review specific subjects or create exam simulated blocks.